Australian Labradoodle Breeders
Breeders we recommend, Links, and Resources
There are many people breeding Labradoodles since they have become so popular. However, not all are excellent breeders. Some are instead trying to “cash in” on the new trend. Beware of “copycat” breeders who have website names very much like a reputable breeder (one or two symbols off), but sell their puppies for a much lower price.
Do not ever buy a puppy just off of social media alone.
Ensure the breeder has a viable website with detailed information. Watch out for Breeders who do not provide information regarding health screenings, do not provide a money-back health guarantee, and are not a part of a breeder accountability group or demonstrate a long history of quality breeding.
Six questions to ask when looking for reputable dog breeders:
- Are they using top-quality breeding stock with good temperaments and testing the genetic line for hip dysplasia, elbows, eyes, cardiac, and other health problems?
- Are they using a contract that offers a 2-3 year health guarantee against hip dysplasia and other genetic diseases? Anything less has little value.
- Are they keeping good records of both the dam and the sire and making these reports and pedigrees available if you request?
- Do they have an area on their website, social media, or other resources to see other families who are satisfied with their puppy from that breeder?
- Are they open and honest in their communication with you, and knowledgeable about the Australian Labradoodle breed?
- Do they offer lifetime support and training guidance?
Labradoodle Breeder Recommendations
Listed below are several Labradoodle breeders that we have worked with and can recommend in Oregon, California, Washington, Massachusetts, and Canada.
Dogs & Puppies (Next Day Pets): Provides a venue for dog rescues and dog breeders to find quality homes for adult dogs and puppies with information on 300+ dog breeds. Browse the website directory, view dog pictures and videos, and research dog names.
Still have questions? Please feel free to contact us.