Golden paste, also known as turmeric paste, is like solid sunshine. This paste is super healthy for dogs. There are so many benefits to adding turmeric paste to your dog’s diet, but the best part is that it is super easy to make at home. The benefits of golden paste for dogs are many.
A few of them are:
- Natural detox
- Contains cancer fighting agents
- Anti-Inflammatory (targeting ears)
- Reduces yeast production in the body
- Helps with Allergies
- Has healthy benefits for the heart, liver and digestive tract
- Fights bacteria
- Targets inflammation, pain and skin irritations
Golden Paste Recipe
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup of turmeric powder
- 4 TBSP of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP cinnamon (optional)
- Mix the water and turmeric on low to medium heat. Keep stirring until it forms a nice paste.
- Add in the coconut oil, black pepper and cinnamon. Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Let cool. Transfer paste to a glass mason jar and store in refrigerator.
Turmeric stains! Make sure to be careful with clothing and careful not to spill.
It can last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
The rule of thumb is to give ¼ tsp of golden paste added to their food at each feeding. If your dog is new to Golden Paste you can start smaller and work your way up to a ¼ tsp at each feeding.
Next month we will target ear treatment options that we suggest!